Self Managed Superannuation
A self managed superannuation fund (SMSF) is an increasingly popular structure for people seeking to:
So if you are looking for an entity in which to hold your business premises,interested in borrowing via a SMSF, or need help with tax and accounting for your SMSF, we should talk.
With the growth in this sector, along with the varied strategies now available within an SMSF, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is keeping a “close eye on things”. For this reason it is important that any Self Managed Superannuation Fund be set-up and administered correctly. We have been helping our clients with the administration and compliance requirements of their SMSFs for many years including advice around tax implications of:
- Making contributions to a superannuation fund,
- Receiving superannuation benefits,
- An SMSF purchasing or disposing of property and shares, including capital gains tax,
- Commencing a pension (e.g., an account-based pension),
- Insurance policy proceeds.